All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheories of intertextuality suggest that meaning in a text can only ever be understood in relation to other texts; work stands alone but is interlinked with the tradition that came before it and the context in which it is produced. This idea of intertextuality is crucial to understanding literary studies today. Graham Allen deftly introduces the topic and relates its significance to key theories and movements in the study of literature. The second edition of this important guide to intertextuality: * outlines the history and contemporary use of the term * incorporates a wealth of illuminating examples from literature and culture * includes a new, expanded conclusion on the future of intertextuality * examines the politics and aesthetics of the term * relates intertextuality to global cultures and new media. Looking at intertextuality in relation to structuralism, post-structuralism, deconstruction, postcolonialism, Marxism, feminism and psychoanalytic theory, this is a fascinating and useful guide for all students of literature and culture.
- Author BiographyGraham Allen lectures on Romantic and Victorian literature, and literary theory at University College, Cork. He is author of Harold Bloom: A Poetics of Conflict, Roland Barthes (Routledge Critical Thinkers), Mary Shelley, The Reader's Guide to 'Frankenstein', and editor of The Salt Companion to Harold Bloom (with Roy Sellers) and Reading on Audience and Textual Materiality (with Carrie Griffin and Mary O'Connell).
- Author(s)Graham Allen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe New Critical Idiom
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.