All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis one-of-a-kind book identifies practical reading intervention strategies based on students' informal reading inventory results. Today teachers need valid research-based measures for reading improvement, assessments to determine students' reading abilities, and intervention strategies to guide students back on track. To help teachers connect students' performance and evaluation to instruction, best-selling authors JoAnne Caldwell and Lauren Leslie outline practical intervention strategies that are aligned with any informal reading inventory. Targeting the latest research, this edition includes new student case studies, more writing applications, a focus on teaching with classroom materials, and a new PDToolkit (available either with the book or alone). By identifying intervention strategies based on assessment, the book helps teachers and students address difficulties in word identification, fluency, prior kwledge, and comprehension.
- Author BiographyJoAnne Schudt Caldwell is the co-author/author of seven titles including The Qualitative Reading Inventory-5 andReading Problems: Assessment and Teaching Strategies both published by Allyn & Bacon. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from Marquette University and is Professor Emerita at Cardinal Stritch University. In 1996 she received the Outstanding Service Award from the Wisconsin State Reading Association, as well as the Wisconsin Teacher Educator of the Year Award in 1997 and the Achievement Award from Marquette University School of Education in 2005. Lauren Leslie received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Iowa and is currently Emeritus Professor at Marquette University where she served as the director of the Hartman Literacy Center for many years. She has published over 25 research articles, and she is the co-author of the Qualitative Reading Inventory-5. She received the Albert J. Harris Award from International Reading Association (2001) for article written with L. Allen, Factors that predict success in an early literacy intervention program. She also received the Mary Neville Bielefeld Award for Career Achievement for her contributions to teaching, research and service, particularly the mentoring of women faculty and students.
- Author(s)JoAnne Schudt Caldwell,Lauren Leslie
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Weight730 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.