All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of using the ermous potential of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) t only for diagstic but also for interventional purposes may seem obvious, but it took major efforts by engineers, physicists, and clinicians to come up with dedicated interventional techniques and scanners, and improvements are still ongoing. Since the inception of interventional MRI in the mid-1990s, the numbers of settings, techniques, and clinical applications have increased dramatically. This state of the art book covers all aspects of interventional MRI. The more technical contributions offer an overview of the fundamental ideas and concepts and present the available instrumentation. The richly illustrated clinical contributions, ranging from MRI-guided biopsies to completely MRI-controlled therapies in various body regions, provide detailed information on established and emerging applications and identify future trends and challenges.
- Author BiographyThomas Kahn, MD, is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Leipzig University Hospital, Germany. After studying medicine in Berlin, he started his residency at the Department of Radiology, Klinikum Rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, and continued his work at the Department of Radiology, University of Dusseldorf. In 1989 he undertook a research stay in the medical industry and gained his Habilitation in Diagnostic Radiology from the University of Dusseldorf in 1991. In 1996 he was a Visiting Professor at the Radiology Department of the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston. In 1999 Professor Kahn took up his present position in Leipzig. Harald Busse, PhD is currently Head of the MR Research Group at the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Leipzig University Hospital, Germany. After studying physics and medicine in Bonn, he gained his Diploma in Physics in 1991 and his Doctoral Degree in Natural Sciences from the University of Bonn in 1995. Dr. Busse subsequently worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles; the Departments of Laser Medicine and Diagnostic Radiology, Dusseldorf University Hospital; and the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology, St. Augustin, Germany. In 2000 he moved to his present position in Leipzig. The planning and control of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using magnetic resonance imaging are among the main focuses of his research.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/08/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMedical Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note300 black & white illustrations, 150 colour illustrations, 100 black & white tables
- Weight1279 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHarald Busse,Thomas Kahn
- Edition Statement2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.