All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterventional radiological techniques are becoming increasingly important in the treatment of both primary and secondary malignant liver tumours. Surgery for liver tumours can be effective but carries considerable risks and new techniques have recently been developed. This volume provides an account of interventional radiological methods by some of the greatest experts in the field. It includes chapters on cryotherapy, chemoembolization and radiofrequency ablation and an extensive chapter on imaging techniques. The scientific background of these techniques, the pathology of the diseases involved and an analysis of more traditional surgical methods are also described. This text brings together the latest advances in this fast-developing field.
- Author BiographyAndy Adam is Professor of Interventional Radiology, Guy's, King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine, University of London, London, UK. Peter R. Mueller is Division Head, Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Issues in Cancer Imaging
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note204 b/w illus. 8 colour illus. 19 tables
- Weight750 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndy Adam,Peter R. Mueller
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.