Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second edition of Interviewing, experienced educators Rob Anderson and G. Michael Killenberg explain and demystify the interviewing process, offering students a practical guide to the fascinating art of asking and answering questions. Throughout, they urge students t to view interviewing as a procedure or as a collection of techniques; instead, they present the process of interviewing as a fascinating opportunity for learning through dialogue. The basic motivation for interviewing is learning something new. Each chapter features two sections: The Basics, which describes essential skills, and Beyond the Basics, which places them into a relevant context. Moreover, interviewing skills are clearly divided into three interrelated types: Listening, Questioning, and Framing. To highlight the practical, real-world significance of interviewing, the authors encourage students to apply their learning actively and to connect their skills with ideas from other communication, social science, and humanities courses. This student-friendly text also includes the following features: * An emphasis on how interviewing contributes to the quality of public dialogue * An integrated approach to both interviewer and interviewee roles * In-depth coverage of culture and ethics * Invative boxed supplements, including: - Interviewers/Interviewees in Action boxes, featuring first-person accounts - Trying Out Your Skills boxes - End-of-chapter Making Your Decision boxes, which present interactive hypothetical situations designed to generate class discussion In addition, each chapter includes The Interview Bookshelf, an antated section recommending books that students will find helpful for further reading or for future interviewing-related assignments in other classes. A comprehensive online Instructor's Resource Guide is also available and provides suggestions for class activities, resources, and assignments.
- Author BiographyRob Anderson is Professor of Communication at Saint Louis University. G. Michael Killenberg is Professor of Journalism at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg.
- Author(s)G. Michael Killenberg,Rob Anderson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2008
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note19 illus.
- Weight644 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.