All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionInterviewing for Radio is a thorough introduction to the techniques and skills of the radio interview. It offers advice on how to ask the right question and elicit a response and guides the reader through the use of equipment, the mechanics of recording, the studio environment, live broadcasts, presentation and pronunciation and editing material. Interviewing for Radio critically analyses previously broadcast interviews and, together with advice from radio professionals, explains the preparation, organization and communication required to produce a successful radio broadcast. Written by an experienced producer, presenter and instructor, Interviewing for Radio includes: * the history of the radio interview and the importance of its role today * practical exercises which introduce successful interview and technical skills * case studies and hypothetical scenarios to help prepare for potential difficulties * a discussion of ethics, risk assessment, codes of conduct and safety issues * a glossary of radio and broadcast terms, further reading and suggested listening.
- Author BiographyJim Beaman lectures in radio journalism at the Surrey Institute of Art and Design and has worked as an instructor at BBC Radio Training. His broadcasting experience includes presenting, reporting and producing for BBC Local Radio, BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 4.
- Author(s)Jim Beaman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMedia Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date26/05/2011
- Content Noteglossary
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.