All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo gifted and highly prolific intellectuals, Leo Bersani and Adam Phillips, here engage in a fascinating dialogue about the problems and possibilities of human intimacy. Their conversation takes as its point of departure psychoanalysis and its central importance to the modern imagination - though equally important is their shared sense that by misleading us about the importance of self-kwledge and the danger of narcissism, psychoanalysis has failed to realize its most exciting and invative relational potential. Persuasive and provocative, Intimacies is a rare opportunity to listen in on two brilliant thinkers as they explore new ways of thinking about the human psyche.
- Author BiographyLeo Bersani is professor emeritus of French at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author or coauthor of numerous books, including The Freudian Body: Psychoanalysis and Art and Homos. Adam Phillips is a psychoanalyst, visiting professor in the Department of English at York University, the general editor of Penguin Modern Classics's Freud translations, and the author of twelve books, including Going Sane and Side Effects.
- Author(s)Adam Phillips,Leo Bersani
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication09/07/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.