All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the foundation and causes of intimate coercion, focusing specifically on the identification of the issue and subsequent healing process. Coerced by a relation, friend, or lover, the victim commits acts that are contrary to their rmal behavior, and often, illegal in nature. Marti Loring and Melissa Scardaville reference an extensive list of case studies to examine the varying dynamics and experiences of intimate coercion among the wide subset of the population that is affected; this list includes immigrants, disabled individuals, children, and elders. To aid therapists working with coerced individuals, Intimate Coercion defines coercive mechanisms, identifies distinct elements in the coercion process, and provides transformative tools for use with coerced individuals. Based on Loring's years of work in the courtroom and Scardaville's work with battered women, Intimate Coercion unveils the driving force of coerced behavior and explains how therapists can help treat this trauma.
- Author BiographyMarti Loring, LCSW, PhD, is clinical social worker and clinical sociologist. Melissa Scardaville, PhD, is a sociologist.
- Author(s)Marti Tamm Loring,Melissa Scardaville
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight394 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.