CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionIntimate Ephemera is the first major study of autobiographical writing produced and consumed in a youth subculture. Investigating the uses of the zine form for life writing, it examines the recurrent themes in texts circulating in Australian zine culture, including depression, consumerism, popular culture and political identity.Intimate Ephemera also examines zine culture as a unique community of life writing and reading, where handmade texts circulate in an economy of gifting and exchange utilising the postal system. The book analyses the material diversity of zines as handmade objects, examining the use of the photocopier and craft techniques in these limited edition publications, bringing a focus to the role of the text-object in communicating personal experience.
- Author BiographyAnna Poletti has been involved in do-it-yourself cultural projects since the late 1990s, including managing the National Young Writer's Festival (2000) and coordinating the This Is Not Art group of festivals (2003) in Newcastle, NSW. She currently lectures in Communications and Writing at Monash University.
- Author(s)Anna Poletti
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2008
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- ImprintAcademic Monographs
- Weight400 g
- Width139 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.