Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.95Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionEver since her days as a reporter on the front line in Iraq, Kate Adie has earned her reputation as one of the most intrepid women of her day. Throughout her career she has regularly reported from the world's most dangerous war zones -- often placing her own life at serious risk. It has given her a curiosity about the people who are attracted to danger. Why when so many are fearful of anything beyond their daily routine, are others drawn towards situations, or professions which put them in regular peril of their lives? It has proved a fascinating quest that has taken her to the four corners of the globe in pursuit of an answer. She has met those who choose a career in danger, like stuntpeople, landmine exploders, and even a 'snake man' who -- aged 96 - has been bitten countless times by poisous snakes to find vem for vaccines. She has questioned those whose actions put them in danger, like Sir Richard Leakey whose determination to speak out in Kenya nearly cost him his life, as well as criminals and prostitutes who risk all for money.And of course there are those who -- through choice of their own -- have been put in danger, such as Saddam Hussein's food taster -- t his career of choice. With Kate's insight, wit, and gift for illumination, this is a compelling read.
- Author BiographyKate Adie is a winner of the Royal Television Society's coveted 'Reporter of the Year' award.She presents the BBC's From Our Own Correspondent programme. She was awarded the OBE in 1993. She is the author of three bestselling books.
- Author(s)Kate Adie
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/11/2010
- Content Note2 x 8pp colour
- Weight628 g
- Width169 mm
- Height31 mm
- Spine244 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.