Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. Joseph Campbell. On a wintry October night in 1984, nine passengers boarded a Piper Navajo commuter plane bound for remote communities in the far rth of Canada. Only four people - strangers from wildly different backgrounds - will survive the night that follows: the pilot, a prominent politician, an accused criminal and the rookie policeman escorting him. Into the Abyss is a dramatic tale of tragedy, a coming of age story and a compassionate account of how four men resurrected shattered lives. Like Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air or Sebastian Junger's The Perfect Storm, the book will trace the arcs of each character's life and fight for survival. It will also follow four men's transformative journeys from the depths of physical and spiritual loss to the riches of lives begun anew.
- Author BiographyCarol Shaben is the daughter of crash survivor Larry Shaben. An award-winning writer, she has spent years researching the story and interviewing those involved.
- Author(s)Carol Shaben
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight279 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 16 To 100
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.