CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionInto the Land of Me is a humorous and warm-hearted book that will take you deep into the life and mind of one desperately, sleep-deprived woman. Who hasn't waged this same tragic battle against sleep deprivation? What makes these stories so enjoyable, and so easy to read, is that through them, the reader comes to recognize herself. Stories such as: Motherhood: Look Who's Napping Now and The Day I Took The Leaf Blower To The Dog, invite the reader into the hilarious world of LSD (Land of Sleep Deprivation), where the couch takes on the form of a midnight lover named Larry and trips to Crabby Town become part of the daily routine. Even though these tales will have you laughing out loud, they will simultaneously astound you with their wisdom and depth of insight. This sleepless journey begins to take a turn for the worse, as it becomes clear that our protagonist is t only entertaining sleep deprivation, but has also stepped into the tumultuous land of Midlife Crisis, where ED (Estrogen Depletion) comes on the scene and demands her constant attention. The trials that emerge from the ever-changing human mind, body and spirit don't get the best of her. In fact, just the opposite; it is fierce grace that allows her to step into her place of power and in the end, discover what is most important-herself.
- Author BiographyMaggie Scrobonia (a.k.a. Charlie), lives with her husband and two children in Healdsburg, California where she owns her own business working as a therapist, healer and professional intuitive. She holds a bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from San Jose State University. Her keen observation skills and twisted sense of humor have allowed her to take her daily life struggles and create writings of introspection to pass along to her readers. These true stories not only allow her to survive the daily grind, but create laughter for herself and those around her, because she knows: Laughter really is the best medicine.
- PublisherRed Rooster Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Rooster Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.