All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInto the Red explores the emergence of a credit card market in post-Soviet Russia during the formative period from 1988 to 2007. In her analysis, Alya Guseva locates the dynamics of market building in the social structure, specifically the creative use of social networks. Until w, network scholars have overlooked the role that networks play in facilitating exchange in mass markets because they have exclusively focused on firm-to-firm or person-to-person ties. Into the Red demonstrates how networks that combine individuals and organizations help to build markets for mass consumption. The book is situated on the cutting edge of emerging interdisciplinary research, linking multiple layers of analysis with institutional evolution. Using an intricate framework, Guseva chronicles both the creation of a credit card market and the making of a mass consumer. These processes are placed in the context of the ongoing restructuring in postcommunist Russia and the expansion of Western markets and ideologies through the rest of the world.
- Author BiographyAlya Guseva is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Boston University. Her work explores the role of networks, institutions, and culture in the development of mass financial markets in the postcommunist world.
- Author(s)Alya Guseva
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.