Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionInto the Woods takes us to imaginary wild woodland in the centre of London. In this story the woodsman, the wild girl and the widow Mary live in a recognisable present, but being archetypes, they continually try to emerge from our time into one that may never have been - to the Lambeth woods. We too are drawn into our own fantasies of wild woods from folk tales, and here real-life images of Epping Forest and Box Hill fuel our imagination and work to plunge us, resisting, into the centre of the woods, into heterotopia. In the end though, we emerge back to the familiar, and the widow Mary snaps us back to reality when she purchases an acre of woodland from the Archbishop of Canterbury, signaling the end of the wild wood. The second book from Anna Robinson builds upon her acclaimed debut The Finders of London, leading us further into a London that we have never seen
- Author BiographyAnna Robinson was born and lives in London. She has an MA in Public History from Ruskin College, Oxford. Her pamphlet, Songs from the flats (Hearing Eye 2006), was a Poetry Book Society Pamphlet Choice. In 2001, she became the first recipient of The Poetry School Scholarship. Anna Robinson has had a number of poet residences and as a former tutor in prisons she is a regular poetry judge for the Koestler Competition and a founding editor for Not Shut Up! and The Long Poem Magazine. She teaches at the University of East London, where she is undertaking a PhD exploring shared concerns between history and poetry. Anna Robinson's poetry has been described as achieving perfectly the public world lodged in the lyrical (Wayne Burrows, Poetry London). Her first collection The Finders of London was shortlisted for the inaugural Seamus Heaney Poetry Centre Prize for Poetry in 2011.
- Author(s)Anna Robinson
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Weight136 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.