Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis study examines the regional differences between voice intonations in German, in particular the difference between the urban regional languages of Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Duisburg, Mannheim and Freiburg. The study develops a fundamental methodology for analytically capturing the phemen of intonational variance and is based on a large, empirically-derived set of data. The study creates a solid foundation for the continuing research and description of intonational systems in German, drawing upon the most modern tools of phological research. The work includes an audio CD with a large corpus of speech recordings, which imparts a better understanding of all the hypotheses of this pioneering work.
- Author BiographyJorg Peters, Universitat Nijmegen, Niederlande.
- Author(s)Jorg Peters
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- Series TitleLinguistik - Impulse & Tendenzen
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.