All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.64
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $34.48
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.72
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.35
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.23
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $29.95
About this product
- DescriptionAre you interested in finding your inner Parisian? Intoxicating Paris: Uncorking the Parisian Within is PJ Adams's quirky journey through the byways, kitchens, shops, cafes, closets, boudoirs, and creative heart of Paris. Intoxicating Paris takes you through the ancient streets of Paris, where you'll find the secrets of creativity that inspired the likes of Hemingway, Hugo, and Rodin. Readers will peek inside some of the most sumptuous dining venues in Paris. And you'll join PJ in a few cooking escapades, as well as solve the mystery of how those French women maintain their slim physiques despite their rich diet of foie gras, bread, wine, and dessert! You'll also learn the sources of the French woman's allure-how she lives her life, conducts her relationships, and rears her children. You'll examine the French man's potent ability to seduce, as well as how La Seduction holds sway in the institutions and French bastions of power. And you'll learn how strict parenting and close ties shape the French extended family system. You'll do a little flanering (wandering) through the marches of Paris, as well as les grands magasins (department stores). And you'll uncover some ways to put some of that French style into your own closet, matter your age or budget. Finally, you'll learn how to capture a bit of that French joie de vivre, whether you visit Paris or simply invite her into your living room as an arm chair traveler. This book is for style lovers, foodies, creatives, and anyone who simply loves Paris. See our book trailer at http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67VU33KPyo or visit our website at www.pjadamsbooks.com.
- Author BiographyPJ Adams is a psychotherapist and former Harcourt Brace publishing executive. Intoxicating Paris is her quirky journey through Paris. Her other books include Freud's Revenge, a popular psychological thriller, and Daughter Wisdom, a self-help guide for daughters young and old. She enjoys studying French, growing tomatoes, learning about new cultures, and enjoying that joie de vivre (joy of life) whenever possible.
- Author(s)P J Adams
- PublisherPj Adams Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPj Adams Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.