All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's organizations, employee engagement is vital--more is being required of workers than ever before. In this new edition of his classic book, Kenneth Thomas draws on the latest research findings to identify the key to employee engagement: intrinsic motivation. Only intrinsic rewards--rewards that come directly from the work itself--encourage the profound commitment and sense of ownership needed for a truly engaged and invative workforce. Thomas identifies four intrinsic rewards, explains exactly how and why they build engagement, and provides a diagstic framework to evaluate which need boosting and how to boost them. The second edition has been revised and updated throughout, with an expanded section on how leaders can identify their own intrinsic rewards and new tools, tips, and practices for encouraging intrinsic motivation in others.
- Author BiographyKen Thomas earned his doctorate degree at Purdue University and has been a Research Fellow, Harvard Business School followed by professorships at Graduate School of Management, UCLA; School of Business Administration, Temple University; Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburg. Currently he is Professor Emeritus, Naval Postgraduate School of Business and Public Policy, Monterey, CA.
- Author(s)Kenneth H. Thomas
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleAgency/Distributed
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight70 g
- Width61 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.