All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn this brief, Vladimir Uversky discusses the paradigm-shifting phemen of intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs) and hybrid proteins containing ordered domains and functional IDP regions (IDPRs). Beginning with an introduction to the concept of protein intrinsic disorder, Uversky then goes on to describe the peculiar ami acid sequences of IDPs, their structural heterogeneity, typical functions and disorder-based binding modes. In the final sections, Uversky discusses IDPs in human diseases and as potential drug targets. This volume provides a snapshot to researchers entering the field as well as providing a current overview for more experienced scientists in related areas.
- Author BiographyVladimir Uversky obtained his Ph.D. in biophysics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (1991) and D.Sc. in biophysics from Institute of Experimental and Theoretical Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences (1998). He spent early career working on protein folding at Institute of Protein Research and the Institute for Biological Instrumentation (Russian Academy of Sciences). In 1998, he moved to the University of California Santa Cruz to work on protein folding, misfolding and protein intrinsic disorder. In 2004, he moved to the Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at the Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis to work on the intrinsically disordered proteins. Since 2010, he is with the Department of Molecular Biology at the University of South Florida.
- Author(s)Vladimir N. Uversky
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/08/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.