All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Buddhism is the ideal resource for all students beginning the study of this fascinating religious tradition. It explains the religion's key teachings and traces its historical development and geographical spread of from its foundations up to present day. Charles S. Prebish and Damien Keown, two of today's leading Buddhist scholars, devote a chapter each to the major regions where Buddhism has flourished - India, South-east Asia, East Asia and Tibet. In addition, contemporary concerns are discussed, including important and relevant topics such as Engaged Buddhism, Buddhist Ethics, Buddhism and the Western World and Meditation. This new edition includes more material on the different schools of Buddhism including explanations in graphic form, monastic life, popular religion, Buddhist ethics, ritual, the Bodhisattva Path, the Jatakas, the transmission of Buddhism, and class, gender and race. Introducing Buddhism includes illustrations, extracts from original sources, summary boxes, questions for discussion, suggestions for further reading and a companion website at www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415550017 Charles S. Prebish is Charles Redd Chair of Religious Studies at Utah State University. Damien Keown is Professor of Buddhist Ethics at Goldsmith's College, University of London. They are the editors of the Encyclopedia of Buddhism (Routledge, 2007).
- Author BiographyCharles S. Prebish is Charles Redd Chair in Religious Studies at Utah State University. Damien Keown is Professor of Buddhist Ethics at Goldsmiths College, University of London. They are the editors of the Routledge Encyclopedia of Buddhism.
- Author(s)Charles S. Prebish,Damien Keown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleWorld Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight606 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.