Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionRoutledge English Language Introductions cover core areas of language study and are one-stop resources for students. Assuming prior kwledge, books in the series offer an accessible overview of the subject, with activities, study questions, sample analyses, commentaries and key readings - all in the same volume. The invative and flexible 'two-dimensional' structure is built around four sections - introduction, development, exploration and extension - which offer self-contained stages for study. Each topic can also be read across these sections, enabling the reader to build gradually on the kwledge gained. Introducing English Language: * is the foundational book in the Routledge English Language Introductions series, providing an accessible introduction to the English language * contains newly expanded coverage of morphology, updated and revised exercises, and an extended Further Reading section * comprehensively covers key disciplines of linguistics such as historical linguistics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, as well as core areas in language study including acquisition, standardisation and the globalisation of English * uses a wide variety of real texts and images from around the world, including a Monty Python sketch, excerpts from vels such as Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse, and news items from Metro and the BBC * provides updated classic readings by the key names in the discipline, including Guy Cook, Andy Kirkpatrick and Zoltan Dornyei * is accompanied by a website with extra activities, project ideas for each unit, suggestions for further reading, links to essential English language resources, and course templates for lecturers. Written by two experienced teachers and authors, this accessible textbook is an essential resource for all students of the English language and linguistics.
- Author BiographyLouise Mullany is Associate Professor in Sociolinguistics in the School of English at the University of Nottingham, UK. Peter Stockwell is Professor of Literary Linguistics in the School of English at the University of Nottingham, UK.
- Author(s)Louise Mullany,Peter Stockwell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- Series TitleRoutledge English Language Introductions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.