All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the place of individual choice and consequence in a post-Holocaust world of continuing gecidal ethnic cleansing? Is 'identity' w a last-ditch cultural defence of ethnic nationalisms and competing fundamentalisms? In a climate of instant information, free markets and possible ecological disaster, how do we define 'rights', self-interest and civic duties? Introducing Ethics confronts these dilemmas, tracing the arguments of the great moral thinkers, including Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Hobbes and Kant, and brings us up to date with postmodern critics. Logic is the backbone of Western civilization, holding together its systems of philosophy, science and law. Yet despite logic's widely ackwledged importance, it remains an unbroken seal for many, due to its heavy use of jargon and mathematical symbolism. Introducing Logic follows the historical development of logic, explains the symbols and methods involved and explores the philosophical issues surrounding the topic. It will take you through the influence of logic on scientific method and the various sciences from physics to psychology, and will show you why computers and digital techlogy are just ather case of logic in action. Dave Robinson and Judy Groves' Introducing Philosophy explores the awkward and provocative questions that philosophers have always enjoyed asking, such as: what is the nature of reality? Can we prove that God exists? Does language provide us with a true picture of the world? Comprehensive and enjoyable, it examines the key arguments and ideas off all the significant philosophers of the Western world from Heraclitus to Derrida.
- Author(s)Dan Cryan,Dave Robinson,Sharron Shatil
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width120 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Garratt,Bill Mayblin,Judy Groves
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.