All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoris Malaguzzi is recognised as the founder of the extraordinary programmes of preschool education that developed after the war in Reggio Emilia, Italy. Deeply embedded in the cultures and communities they serve, these unique preschools have justifiably become famous throughout the world. In this accessible and engaging text, Sandra Smidt examines how Malaguzzi's philosophy developed out of his personal experiences of growing up in post-fascist Italy. His ideas are explored and illustrated throughout by examples relating to everyday early years practice. The key themes explored include: * relationships - the importance of relationships, culture and contexts to learning within any setting and beyond; * transparency - the importance of listening and documentation to understanding and sharing learning; * questioning - inviting children to t only answer questions but raise them, allowing them to be equal partners in all learning situations; * creativity - finding ways of enabling children to use all the expressive languages they can find to express and share their ideas; * equity and fairness - involving the community in all decision-making and discussions, to ensure that early childhood education is accessible and relevant to all children. This book will be of benefit to all those working with young children and essential reading for students on early childhood education programmes.
- Author BiographySandra Smidt is a writer and consultant in early years education. Her most recent titles include Introducing Bruner (2011) and Introducing Vygotsky (2008), both published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Sandra Smidt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIntroducing Early Years Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.