Introducing Neuropsychology by John D. Stirling, Rebecca Elliott (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.11Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Neuropsychology, Second Edition investigates the functions of the brain and explores the relationships between brain systems and human behaviour. The material is presented in a jargon-free, easy to understand manner and aims to guide students new to the field through current areas of research. Following a brief history of the discipline and a description of methods in neuropsychology, the remaining chapters review traditional and recent research findings. Both cognitive and clinical aspects of neuropsychology are addressed to illustrate the advances scientists are making (on many fronts) in their quest to understand brain - behaviour relationships in both rmal and disturbed functioning. The rapid developments in neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience resulting from traditional research methods as well as new brain-imaging techniques are presented in a clear and straightforward way. Each chapter has been fully revised and updated and new brain-imaging data are incorporated throughout, especially in the later chapters on Emotion and Motivation, and Executive Functions. As in the first edition, key topics are dealt with in separate focus boxes, and interim comment sections allow the reader a chance to take stock at regular intervals. The book assumes particular expertise on the reader's part in either psychology or brain physiology. Thus, it will be of great interest t only to those studying neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience, but also to medical and nursing students, and indeed anyone who is interested in learning about recent progress in understanding brain-behaviour relationships.
- Author BiographyJohn Stirling has worked at Manchester Polytechnic/MMU for over 30 years, teaching Bio- and Neuropsychology, Psychopathology and Experimental Design and Statistics. He has published over 30 scientific journal articles, and three books. Rebecca Elliott has worked at the University of Manchester for 8 years, using brain-imaging techniques to study emotion and cognition in psychiatric disorders. She has published over 50 scientific research articles.
- Author(s)John D. Stirling,Rebecca Elliott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychology Focus
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 97 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 50 colour tables, 30 black & white halftones, 97 colour line drawings
- Weight854 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.