Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe release of Resource Description and Access is t the release of a revised standard; it represents a total shift in the understanding of the whole cataloguing process. This shift from the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR) to RDA will require a fundamental re-orientation in the way library staff, especially cataloguing staff, approach the function of describing resources and creating access to them. This book will assist professionals with this transition. The book guides the reader through the key topics and questions providing a concise explanation of RDA, its implementation and its expected benefits for users and cataloguers. Key sections include: * what is RDA? placing RDA in context * why are we changing to RDA? * making the transition to RDA * after implementation. Readership: This book is an essential introductory guide t only for cataloguers but for all library staff, information professionals, support staff and LIS students
- Author BiographyChris Oliver has worked at the McGill University Library since 1989, as a cataloguing librarian and cataloguing manager. Her current position is Coordinator of Cataloguing and Authorities. She received her MA and MLIS degrees from McGill University. Chris is the Chair of the Canadian Committee on Cataloguing and has been a member of the Committee since 1997. This has given her the opportunity to be involved with the evolution of RDA from its beginning. She served as a member of the Joint Steering Committee's Format Variation Working Group and as Chair of the RDA Outreach Group. She has given presentations on RDA in Canada, the United States, and internationally.
- Author(s)Chris Oliver
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.