All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for students encountering the topic for the first time, this is a clear and practical introduction to second language acquisition (SLA). Using n-technical language, it explains how a second language is acquired; what the learner of a second language needs to kw; and why some learners are more successful than others. This new edition of Muriel Saville-Troike's bestselling textbook introduces in a step-by-step fashion a range of fundamental concepts, such as SLA in adults and children, in formal and informal learning contexts and in diverse socio-cultural settings. Taking an interdisciplinary approach, it encourages students to consider SLA from linguistic, psychological and social perspectives. Providing a solid foundation in SLA, this book has become the leading introduction to the field for students of linguistics, psychology and education, and trainee language teachers.
- Author BiographyMuriel Saville-Troike is Professor Emerita from the University of Arizona, named Regents' Professor of English before her retirement. She has made significant contributions to the fields of sociolinguistics and applied linguistics and has previously held posts at Texas A&M University, the University of Texas, Georgetown University and the University of Illinois. Her previous publications include The Ethnography of Communication: An Introduction, 3rd edition (2003).
- Author(s)Muriel Saville-Troike
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Introductions to Language and Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 2 colour illus. 24 tables 63 exercises
- Weight460 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.