All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionINTRODUCTION TO VETERINARY SCIENCE, Third Edition, provides a solid foundation in this dynamic field for those studying animal and veterinary sciences or preparing for careers as veterinary assistants or technicians. The text begins with an overview of cellular and tissue physiology, followed by chapters dedicated to individual body systems to enable easy comprehension. The authors then investigate crucial topics such as nutrition, disease, surgeries, cost analysis of procedures, safety, and professionalism. Throughout the text, real-life examples are integrated with chapter material to provide practical context, and both small and large animals are featured to expose students to the variety of cases they may encounter in the field. Each chapter opens with a Day in the Life preview that explores relevant applications of upcoming content, and chapters conclude with a description of clinical significance.
- Author BiographyMeeCee Baker, Ph.D., spent over 20 years teaching high school agriculture and supervising student teachers before accepting an appointment to serve in the executive office of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. Dr. Baker was the first female to be elected president of the National Association of Agricultural Educators (formerly known as NVATA), and she was also named Penn State Alumni Fellow. Currently, Baker owns and operates Versant Strategies, an agricultural government relations firm, and lives on a working farm in Central Pennsylvania. She earned her B.S. and Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University, and her M.S. from University of Delaware.
- Author(s)James Lawhead,MeeCee Baker
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width221 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.