All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to the topics discussed in the First Edition, this Second Edition contains introductory treatments of superconducting materials and of ferromagnetism. I think the book is w more balanced because it is divided perhaps 60% - 40% between devices (of all kinds) and materials (of all kinds). For the physicist interested in solid state applications, I suggest that this ratio is reasonable. I have also rewritten a number of sections in the interest of (hopefully) increased clarity. The aims remain those stated in the Preface to the First Edition; the book is a survey of the physics of a number of solid state devices and ma- terials. Since my object is a discussion of the basic ideas in a number of fields, I have t tried to present the state of the art, especially in semi- conductor devices. Applied solid state physics is too vast and rapidly changing to cover completely, and there are many references available to recent developments. For these reasons, I have t treated a number of interesting areas. Among the lacunae are superiattices, heterostructures, compound semiconductor devices, ballistic transistors, integrated optics, and light wave communications. (Suggested references to those subjects are given in an appendix. ) I have tried to cover some of the recent revolutionary developments in superconducting materials.
- Author(s)Richard Dalven
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight658 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.