All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is a discussion, at the introductory level, of some applications of solid state physics. The book evolved from tes written for a course offered three times in the Department of Physics of the University of California at Berkeley. The objects of the course were (a) to broaden the kwledge of graduate students in physics, especially those in solid state physics; (b) to provide a useful course covering the physics of a variety of solid state devices for students in several areas of physics; (c) to indicate some areas of research in applied solid state physics. To achieve these ends, this book is designed to be a survey of the physics of a number of solid state devices. As the italics indicate, the key words in this description are physics and survey. Physics is a key word because the book stresses the basic qualitative physics of the applications, in eugh depth to explain the essentials of how a device works but t deeply eugh to allow the reader to design one. The question emphasized is how the solid state physics of the application results in the basic useful property of the device. An example is how the physics of the tunnel diode results in a negative dynamic resistance. Specific circuit applications of devices are mentioned, but t emphasized, since expositions are available in the elec- trical engineering textbooks given as references.
- Author(s)Richard Dalven
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.