All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA survey of the built environment distills the work of legendary author and illustrator Francis D. K. Ching into a single volume Introduction to Architecture presents the essential texts and drawings of Francis D. K. Ching for those new to architecture and design. With his typical highly graphic approach, this is the first introductory text from Ching that surveys the design of spaces, buildings, and cities. In an easy to understand format, readers will explore the histories and theories of architecture, design elements and process, and the technical aspects of the contemporary profession of architecture. The book explains the experience and practice of architecture and allied disciplines for future professionals, while those who love the beauty of architecture drawing will delight in the gorgeous illustrations included. * Overview of the issues and practices of architecture in an all-in-one introductory text * Includes new chapters and introductory essays by James Eckler, and features more than 1,000 drawings throughout * Professor Ching is the bestselling author of numerous books on architecture and design, all published by Wiley; his works have been translated into 16 languages and are regarded as classics for their rewned graphical presentation For those pursuing a career in architecture or anyone who loves architectural design and drawing, Introduction to Architecture presents a beautifully illustrated and comprehensive guide to the subject.
- Author BiographyFrancis D.K. Ching is Professor Emeritus of Architecture at the University of Washington and a registered architect. He is the author or coauthor of numerous architecture and design books, including Architectural Graphics; Building Construction Illustrated; Architecture: Form, Space, and Order; A Visual Dictionary of Architecture; A Global History of Architecture; Interior Design Illustrated; and Design Drawing. James F. Eckler is the Architecture Program Director of the Marywood University School of Architecture. In addition to teaching, Professor Eckler is actively engaged in research concerning the culture of place in the urban environment and architecture's role in the development of community. He is also the author of Language of Space and Form.
- Author(s)Francis D. K. Ching,James F. Eckler
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight1180 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.