All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an ideal introduction to modern biblical studies. Readers are introduced to questions of inspiration, can and authority. This is followed by chapters on historical approaches to the Bible, such as source, form and redaction criticism. Comparisons with other literature, such as ancient flood stories or Egyptian psalms help to set the context for this. Moyise also asks such questions as 'How did we get the Bible?' and, 'why do modern versions of the Bible differ among themselves?' Moyise considers a number of approaches to the Bible. Beginning with literary criticism, he shows how texts 'speak' to readers and influence their attitudes, emotions and behaviour. This is followed by liberation, feminist and finally a variety of theological approaches used by those who consider the Bible to be sacred scripture. For the third edition Moyise has added two sections, one giving a basic outline of the biblical story together with a timeline and key dates, and ather on dating the New Testament.
- Author BiographySteve Moyise is Professor of New Testament at the University of Chichester and author of The Old Testament in the Book of Revelation (1995) and The Old Testament in the New (Continuum, 2001). He is the series editor of The T&T Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies.
- Author(s)Steve Moyise
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleT&T Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight253 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.