All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals and practical applications of diffraction for researchers, engineers, and students Materials science relies heavily on diffraction for the analysis of materials. Introduction to Diffraction in Materials Science and Engineering is a survey of the practical aspects of this valuable tool. Though it contains basic discussion of the theory and physics of diffraction, this book emphasizes understanding and the practical application of diffraction in materials science-making it a valuable text and resource for students, professionals, and researchers. Designed as a teaching and self-study text, this resource begins with a treatment of the fundamentals of crystallography and crystal structure and its importance in diffraction before moving on to cover important aspects of diffraction applications. Numerous examples and problems at the end of each chapter, including critical thinking questions, make this an excellent tool for learning and understanding. he book includes treatments of: Basics of crystallography Geometrical representation of crystals and reciprocal space X-rays and neutrons Structure factors and intensity Powder diffraction Qualitative (Powder Diffraction File) and quantitative phase analysis Use of the International Tables for more complex structures and the Reitveld method Residual stress Introductions to texture, small diffracting units, and long-range order Aaron Krawitz provides both a practical introduction to diffraction that suits the needs of students and a resource for professionals already at work in materials science or engineering who want to utilize the power of diffraction in the study of materials.
- Author BiographyAARON D. KRAWITZ is Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
- Author(s)Aaron D. Krawitz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2001
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight735 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.