All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Education, Second Edition is written for students beginning their study in education. As the school population increasingly reflects the diversity of America's population, many prospective teachers, typically from the middle classes, will be unprepared for the diverse classrooms they will inevitably encounter. This text helps students prepare to be teachers in a pluralistic society whose classrooms represent an increasingly varied set of cultural histories and values.
- Author BiographyDr. William E. Segall is professor of social foundations in the College of Education and professor in the School of International Studies at Oklahoma State University. His professional experiences range from teaching vocational students work skills in Canada to being a principal of a Japanese university preparatory school in the United States. Dr Segall is passionate about helping college students become teachers who are prepared to excel in America's diverse classrooms. Dr. Anna V. Wilson is an Assistant Professor in the School of Education at Chapman University, in Orange, CA. She has also taught criminal justice, focusing on domestic violence and juvenile justice; served as assistant principal of an alternative high school; and worked at a nontraditional magnet school developing collaborative processes. Dr. Wilson's research and teaching focuses on race/ethnicity, class, gender, and sexual orientation. She is committed to facilitating a richer understanding of the multiplicity of issues facing both teachers and students in our schools in the framework of Social Justice.
- Author(s)Anna V. Wilson,William E. Segall
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/09/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.