All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWith the rapid development of natechlogy, the surface-to-volume ratio of objects of interest continues to increase. As such, so does the importance of our ability to tailor interfacial properties. Written by bestselling author and internationally rewned researcher K.S. Birdi, Introduction to Electrical Interfacial Phemena offers comprehensive coverage of the field of electrical double layer (EDL) research. Birdi discusses theoretical models used with EDL and demonstrates how they can be applied to typically encountered real-world problems, including those that must be considered in modern industrial applications. The book explains the EDL through fundamental theory and real-world solved examples from applications such as corrosion, aerosols, dispersions and emulsions, adhesion, storage batteries, waste-water treatment, enhanced oil recovery, biology (proteins at cell membranes), and macromolecules. After introducing the electrical interfacial phemen, it describes advanced systems, provides a comprehensive description of the double layer, and presents bonus material on advanced theory separate from the main text. The book also includes application examples that demonstrate EDL analyses to new and developing areas such as enhanced oil recovery, storage batteries, hydrogen fuel cells, and biology. While there are many books available on this topic, so far ne have taken a combined application and fundamental theoretical approach to the problem. Collating available information drawn from the extensive literature on various models of EDL into a comprehensive resource, this book paints a picture of the state of an art that is on the brink of further development. It t only delineates theoretical models, but also demonstrates how they can be applied to real problems.
- Author BiographyK.S. Birdi is the renowned editor of the perennially bestselling Handbook of Surface and Colloid Chemistry, Third Edition and numerous other authoritative resources published by CRC Press.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byK. S. Birdi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.