All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor junior/senior-level electricity and magnetism courses. This book is kwn for its clear, concise, and accessible coverage of standard topics in a logical and pedagogically sound order. The highly polished Fourth Edition features a clear, accessible treatment of the fundamentals of electromagnetic theory, providing a sound platform for the exploration of related applications (ac circuits, antennas, transmission lines, plasmas, optics, etc.). Its lean and focused approach employs numerous new examples and problems.
- Author BiographyDavid Griffiths received his BA and PhD from Harvard University. He held post-doctoral positions at the University of Utah and the University of Massachusetts (Amherst), and taught at Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Trinity College (Hartford) before joining the faculty at Reed College, where he has taught for over 30 years. In 2001-2002 he was visiting Professor of Physics at the Five Colleges (UMass, Amherst, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and Hampshire), and in the spring of 2007 he taught electrodynamics at Stanford. Griffiths is a Consulting Editor of The American Journal of Physics, and a Fellow of the American Physical Society. In 1997 he was awarded the Millikan Medal by the American Association of Physics Teachers. He has spent sabbaticals at SLAC, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, and UC Berkeley. Although his PhD was in elementary particle theory, his recent research is in electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. He is the author of forty-five papers and three books: Introduction to Electrodynamics (Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall, 2013), Introduction to Elementary Particles (Second Edition, Wiley-VCH, 2008), and Introduction to Quantum Mechanics (Second Edition, Prentice Hall, 2005).
- Author(s)David J. Griffiths
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight990 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementUnited States ed of 4th revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.