All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionMovie watching has never been so wide-ranging or so popular. The rise of Internet-based video on demand has transformed the way films are distributed and exhibited, with many previously ubtainable and obscure films becoming available for global audiences to view instantly. The second edition of this concise yet complete introduction to film responds to these shifts in the medium, while continuing to address all of the main approaches that continue to inform film studies. This new edition also: * reflects the increasing importance of production contexts in chapters that focus exclusively on the film business, distribution and exhibition* represents the significance of transnational cinema, moving away from Western-centric perspectives of film and drawing on a more global, n-Hollywood range of film examples and case studies from Europe, Asia and Latin America* is w illustrated with a wider variety of film stills, representing world cinema from the classics to the latest in contemporary cinema. Interweaving historical and current theoretical approaches, Nick Lacey presents a tightly-focused and coherent overview of a discipline in transition. With its original narrative line and student-oriented philosophy, the second edition continues to enrich students' appreciation of cinema, while equipping them with the essential skills and vocabulary to succeed in film studies. This is an ideal foundational text for all students and enthusiasts of cinema.
- Author BiographyNick Lacey is a freelance media educator with experience working in a variety of media institutions, including Times Newspapers, EMAP and Yorkshire Television. He is also the author of Narrative and Genre, Media, Institutions and Audiences and Image and Representation.
- Author(s)Nick Lacey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- Content Note408 p.
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.