Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise introduction to the study of film offers an overview of the issues and perspectives that contribute to a full understanding of the medium. The book addresses all the important areas encountered by students studying film for the first time, ranging from a history of Hollywood and British Cinema to an analysis of the key theories of different genres and narratives. It draws on a fund of diverse examples, handled as extended case studies or briefer vignettes, that offer a sensitive mix of the familiar, classic and more unusual aspects of films. With its original narrative line and student-centred philosophy, this book makes for an essential and engaging read for all film enthusiasts approaching the subject for the first time.
- Author BiographyNICK LACEY is the Curriculum Leader of Film and Media Studies at Benton Park School in West Yorkshire. He has worked in a variety of media institutions, including Times Newspapers, EMAP and Yorkshire Television. He is the popular and respected author of Narrative and Genre, Media Institutions and Image and Representation.
- Author(s)Nick Lacey
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication04/05/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date07/05/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.