All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a quick introduction to the theory of foliations, Lie groupoids and Lie algebroids. An important feature is the emphasis on the interplay between these concepts: Lie groupoids form an indispensable tool to study the transverse structure of foliations as well as their ncommutative geometry, while the theory of foliations has immediate applications to the Lie theory of groupoids and their infinitesimal algebroids. The book starts with a detailed presentation of the main classical theorems in the theory of foliations then proceeds to Moli's theory, Lie groupoids, constructing the holomy groupoid of a foliation and finally Lie algebroids. Among other things, the authors discuss to what extent Lie's theory for Lie groups and Lie algebras holds in the more general context of groupoids and algebroids. Based on the authors' extensive teaching experience, this book contains numerous examples and exercises making it ideal for graduate students and their instructors.
- Author(s)Ieke Moerdijk,Janez Mrcun
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.91
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note30 b/w illus.
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.