CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis text and reader bundle provides a broad introduction to the field of forensic psychology. While students most often associate forensic psychology with criminal profiling, crime scene investigations, and serial murder, this text covers the many others areas where psychology has played a significant role in providing research kwledge to the civil and criminal justice systems. The book is a readable summary of contemporary research and practice across a broad spectrum of topics. Practical applications are discussed where pertinent, and case law discussions are found throughout the text. The companion reader provides cutting-edge research in police and correctional psychology, the psychology of crime and victimization, and psychology as applied to criminal and civil courts.
- Author BiographyCurt R. Bartol was a college professor for more than 30 years, teaching a wide variety of both undergraduate and graduate courses, including Biopsychology, Criminal Behavior, Juvenile Delinquency, Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Social Psychology, and Psychology and Law. He earned his PhD in personality/social psychology from Northern Illinois University in 1972. He was instrumental in creating and launching Castleton State College's graduate program in forensic psychology and served as its director for 6 years. As a licensed clinical psychologist, he has been a consulting police psychologist to local, municipal, state, and federal law enforcement agencies for over 25 years. In addition to editing Current Perspectives, he has written Introduction to Forensic Psychology (forthcoming in its 4th edition), Criminal Behavior: A Psychosocial Approach (now in its 10th ed.), Juvenile Delinquency and Antisocial Behavior: A Developmental Perspective (3rd ed.), Criminal and Behavioral Profiling, and Psychology and Law (4th ed.). Anne M. Bartol earned an MA and a PhD in criminal justice from State University of New York at Albany. She also holds an MA in journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She taught criminal justice, sociology, and journalism courses over a 20-year college teaching career and has worked as a journalist and a social worker in child and adolescent protective services In addition to editing Current Perspectives, she has co-authored Introduction to Forensic Psychology, Juvenile Delinquency, Psychology and Law, and Criminal Behavior. She has served as book review editor and managing editor of Criminal Justice and Behavior and has published articles on women and criminal justice, rural courts, and the history of forensic psychology.
- Author(s)Anne M. Bartol,Curtis R. Bartol
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/08/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date03/06/2013
- Weight1678 g
- Width193 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.