Introduction to Global Politics: A Reader by Oxford University Press Inc (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best variety of readings--from both classic and contemporary sources including academic works, news articles, and government documents The best coverage of alternative theories--going beyond realism, liberalism, and constructivism to feminist, Marxist, and contemporary theories Moving beyond the almost exclusively liberal and realist readings included in other anthologies, Introduction to Global Politics: A Reader provides a better balance of canical essays and more recent scholarship representing contemporary work in the constructivist, feminist, Marxist, and postmodern traditions. Rewned contributors include Paul Krugman on what undergraduates need to kw about international trade; Kenneth N. Waltz on the relevance of realism after the Cold War; Thomas Homer-Dixon on eco-terrorism; and Cynthia Enloe on Abu Ghraib. Other experts address such compelling topics as landmines, global hunger, jihad, torture, and cyber-terrorism. This unique volume also presents genuine n-Western voices in the field, including Choong Yong Ahn on the impact of the 2008 global financial crisis on Asia and Navnita Chadha Behera on re-imagining IR in India. Introduction to Global Politics is enhanced by numerous pedagogical features including: * Chapter introductions that provide historical overviews of major issues, coverage of key academic debates, and insightful questions to guide students in their reading * Article introductions discussing relevant issues and highlighting key terms * Discussion questions and key terms lists following each article and chapter * An extensive glossary of terms that are integral to the study of IR Ideal for courses in IR, global studies, and world politics, Introduction to Global Politics: A Reader offers a robust and flexible set of readings on both theories and issues. It also helps students to make explicit connections between academic thinking and the real world of international events, problems, and issues. PACKAGING & SAVINGS PACKAGE Introduction to Global Politics: A Reader with any of the textbooks below for use in your course and SAVE YOUR STUDENTS 20%! Introduction to Global Politics (978-0-19-538527-4) Steven L. Lamy, John Baylis, Steve Smith, and Patricia Owens Introduction to Global Politics, Brief Edition (978-0-19-976583-6) Steven L. Lamy, John Baylis, Steve Smith, and Patricia Owens The Globalization of World Politics, Fifth Edition (978-0-19-956909-0) John Baylis, Steve Smith, and Patricia Owens World Politics in a New Era, Fifth Edition (978-0-19-976627-7) Steven Spiegel, Elizabeth Matthews, Jennifer Taw, and Kristen Williams Please contact your Oxford University Press sales representative at 800.280.0280 for more information.
- Author Biography<strong>John S. Masker</strong> is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Temple University, where he teaches international relations and political theory. He has had visiting appointments at Williams College, Mount Holyoke College, and Clark University. Dr. Masker has written about nuclear non-proliferation, Russian foreign policy, and U.S. foreign policy.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight10 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJohn Masker
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.