All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Health and Safety in Construction has been specially written for the thousands of students who complete the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety each year. Fully revised in alignment with the April 2015 syllabus, the fifth edition provides students with all they need to tackle the course with confidence. The book covers all the essential elements of health and safety management in construction including the legal framework, risk assessment and control standards. Highly illustrated, with information provided in a clear, easily accessible format, it also provides checklists and record sheets to supplement learning. * Aligned to the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety * Practice questions and answers to test kwledge and increase understanding * Complete with a companion website containing extra resources for tutors and students at www.routledge.com/cw/hughes The only textbook endorsed for the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety, the Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction is also suitable for construction courses in the UK and overseas and serves as a comprehensive reference for managers and professionals within the construction industry.
- Author BiographyPhil Hughes MBE is a well-known UK safety professional with over 40 years world-wide experience as Head of Environment, Health and Safety at two large multinationals; Courtaulds and Fisons. Phil started work in health and safety in the Factory Inspectorate at the Derby District UK, in 1969 and moved to Courtaulds in 1974. He joined IOSH in that year and became Chairman of the Midland Branch, then National Treasurer and was President in 1990 - 1991. Phil has been very active in the NEBOSH Board for over 10 years and served as Chairman from 1995 to 2001. He was also a Professional Member of the American Society of Safety Engineers for many years and has lectured widely throughout the world. Phil received the RoSPA Distinguished Service Award in May 2001 and was a Director and Trustee of RoSPA from 2003 - 2010. He received an MBE in the New Year Honours List 2005 for services to Health and Safety. Phil is a Chartered Fellow of IOSH Ed Ferrett is an experienced health and safety consultant who has practised for over 25 years. With a PhD and an Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Nottingham University, Ed spent 30 years in Higher and Further education, retiring as the Head of the Faculty of Technology of Cornwall College in 1993. Since then he has been an independent consultant to several public and private sector organisations including construction businesses, the Regional Health and Safety Adviser for the Government Office (West Midlands), and was Chair of West of Cornwall Primary Care NHS Trust for 6 years until 2006. Ed was a member of the NEBOSH Board from 1995 until 2010 and Vice Chair from 1999 to 2008. He has delivered many health and safety courses and has been a lecturer in NEBOSH courses for various course providers. He has been an External Examiner for an MSc course and BSc course in Health and Safety at two UK Universities, a Reporting Inspector for Independent Further and Higher Education with the British Accreditation Council and a NEBOSH Ambassador. Ed is a Chartered Engineer and a Chartered Member of IOSH.
- Author(s)Ed Ferrett,Phil Hughes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note169 colour illustrations, 62 colour tables, 204 colour illustrations, 65 colour line drawings
- Weight2313 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.