All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe healthcare industry is growing at a rapid pace and undergoing some of its most significant changes as the use of electronic health records increase. Designed for techlogists or medical practitioners seeking to gain entry into the field of healthcare information systems, INTRODUCTION TO HEALHCARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY teaches the fundamentals of healthcare IT (HIT) by using the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician (HIT-001) exam objectives as the framework. It takes an in-depth and comprehensive view of HIT by examining healthcare regulatory requirements, the functions of a healthcare organization and its medical business operations in addition to IT hardware, software, networking, and security. INTRODUCTION TO HEALHCARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY is a valuable resource for those who want to learn about HIT and who desire to enter this growing field by providing the foundation that will help prepare for the CompTIA HIT certificate exam.
- Author BiographyMark Revels is an Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Ky. He is a technology educator, researcher, and professional with thirty years of progressive experience including biomedical and hospital physical plant systems management; development and management of decision support, inventory control, and logistics systems; and development and management of core manufacturing systems for multiple international manufacturers. He holds a Ph.D. in Technology Management from Indiana State University. In addition, he also holds three industry certifications: biomedical equipment management (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation), information systems (Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals), and manufacturing and operations management (The Association for Operations Management). Mark Ciampa is Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Previously, he served as Associate Professor and Director of Academic Computing for 20 years at Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, Tennessee. Dr. Ciampa has worked in the IT industry as a computer consultant for the U.S. Postal Service, the Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service, and the University of Tennessee. He is also the author of many Cengage/Course Technology books, including Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals; CWNA Guide to Wireless LANs, 3e; CWSP Guide to Wireless Security; Guide to Wireless Communications; and Networking BASICS. He holds a PhD in digital communication systems from Indiana State University.
- Author(s)Mark D. Ciampa,Mark Revels
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight512 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.