All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis landmark textbook takes a whole subject approach to Information Science as a discipline. Introduced by leading international scholars and offering a global perspective on the discipline, this is designed to be the standard text for students worldwide. The authors' expert narrative guides you through each of the essential building blocks of information science offering a concise introduction and expertly chosen further reading and resources. Critical topics covered include: * foundations: concepts, theories and historical perspectives * organising and retrieving Information * information behaviour, domain analysis and digital literacies * techlogies, digital libraries and information management * information research methods and informetrics * changing contexts: information society, publishing, e-science and digital humanities * the future of the discipline. Readership: Students of information science, information and kwledge management, librarianship, archives and records management worldwide. Students of other information-related disciplines such as museum studies, publishing, and information systems and practitioners in all of these disciplines.
- Author BiographyDavid Bawden is Professor of Information Science at City University London, editor of Journal of Documentation, and a council member of Aslib. He is author of over 150 books, chapters, papers and published presentations. Lyn Robinson is Senior Lecturer in Information Science, and Director of the Postgraduate Information Studies Scheme, at City University London. She is author of numerous papers and published presentations, and has written two books, including Facet's Understanding Healthcare Information.
- Author(s)David Bawden,Lyn Robiunson
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2012
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleFoundations of the Information Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.