Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.00+ AU $12.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by allymgee
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped specifically for international development students from diverse backgrounds, Introduction to International Development: Approaches, Actors, and Issues is renowned for providing a common theoretical toolkit that is accessible to students who may be encountering post-modernism and post-colonialism for the first time. To reflect the multidisciplinary nature and varying perspectives in the field, this text includes 27 articles by leading scholars and practitioners from backgrounds as varied as geography, political science, women's studies, and anthropology. Newly updated, with a new epilogue by the editors, and featuring a new chapter on urbanization, the second edition continues to encourage students to engage with real-world issues. Divided into three parts that introduce students to theory, forces in development, and current issues in development, respectively, the text's 27 chapters can stand alone, thus allowing instructors the flexibility to structure their course as they wish. Featuring strong pedagogical features that assist students in applying newly learned theories to real situations, Introduction to International Development also includes running boxes highlighting real-world cases, which reinforce the relevance of the subject matter.
- Author BiographyPaul A. Haslam; prior to joining the University of Ottawa, also worked at the Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL). His teaching and research interests span both international development and international political economy. His current research focuses on corporate social responsibility, state-firm relations, and the international regulation of foreign direct investment in Latin America. Jessica Schafer is a professor in the School of International Development and Global Studies at the University of Ottawa. She has conducted research for the United States Agency for International Development, the Overseas Development Institute, and the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom. Pierre Beaudet is a professor in the School of International Development and Global Studies at the University of Ottawa, with 25 years of experience in international development as a researcher and manager of various programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication06/04/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2012
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Content Note90 photos; 20 figures; 20 tables; 4 maps
- Weight1036 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJessica Schafer,Paul Haslam,Pierre Beaudet
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- glysan09 Mar, 2017by
Very informative and useful.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.