Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in Java Programming. Java Programming Concepts for AP Computer Science A Written for AP students, Introduction to Java Programming: AP Edition covers all Java programming material and concepts required as part of the AP Computer Science A curriculum. Daniel Liang teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-oriented programming using a fundamentals-first approach and effectively communicates critical problem-solving techniques to beginning programmers. The text focuses on problem solving through Java programming and emphasizes both imperative and object-oriented problem solving and design. It is divided into two parts: in the first, students learn the fundamental concepts and techniques of selection statements, loops, methods, and arrays, before building on this foundation in the second part, as the text introduces concepts of object-oriented programming. Because kwledge is cumulative, the early chapters provide the conceptual basis for understanding programming, guiding students through simple examples and exercises; subsequent chapters progressively present programming and problem solving in more detail, culminating with the development of comprehensive applications. Throughout the text, understanding of Java concepts is supported by frequent practice and the use of relevant examples. Also Available with MyProgrammingLab(TM) MyProgrammingLab is an online learning system designed to engage students and improve results. MyProgrammingLab consists of a set of programming exercises correlated to the programming concepts in this book. Through practice exercises and immediate, personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab improves the programming competence of beginning students who often struggle with the basic concepts of programming languages. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab(TM) & Mastering(TM) does t come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Author BiographyDr. Liang earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Okalahoma in 1991, and an MS and BS in Computer Science from Fudan University in Shanghai, China, in 1986 and 1983. Prior to joining Armstrong, he was an associate professor in computer science at Purdue University in Fort Wayne, where he twice received the Excellence in Research award. Dr. Liang was trained in theoretical computer science. He was active in graph algorithms from 1990 to 1995 and published more than ten papers in several established journals such as SIAM Journal on Computing, Discrete Applied Mathematics, Acta Informatics, and Information Processing Letters. Since 1996, he has devoted to writing texts and published more than thirty books with Prentice Hall. His popular computer science texts are widely adopted in the world. Dr. Liang was elected a Java Champion in 2005 by Sun Microsystems. He has given lectures on Java internationally.
- Author(s)Y. Daniel Liang
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/11/2016
- Weight1110 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.