All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionRecent improvements in LED techlogy have made them as ubiquitous as cell phones. In fact, LEDs light up almost all cell phones screens. The techlogy's myriad applications and low energy use have made it nearly impossible to get through daily chores without coming in contact with LEDs. Probable advances include increased ability of the techlogy to support more efficient lighting and enhanced communications. With balanced coverage of the basics and future developments, Introduction to Light Emitting Diode Techlogy and Applications takes you on a tour of the LED evolution. The book begins with a brief history of the effort to enable the device that generates light through modern organic LEDs and reviews the fundamentals and principles of light prior to a detailed explanation of how LEDs generate different colors. After forming this basic foundation, the book examines the key LEDs in lighting and communications. It then discusses the latest opportunities and advancements in high brightness (HB) LED techlogy, solid state lighting, and handheld electronic applications. As we approach a new decade the role of LEDs is literally set to explode, with organic light emitting diodes emerging as a leading next generation techlogy for electronic displays and lighting. Challenges still exist, including light extraction, lumisity, and white light generation, t to mention n-technical obstacles such as IP disputes and the lack of standards. This book provides a foundation for resolving these issues and developing new applications for LEDs in the promising general illumination market.
- Author Biography4-Degree Consulting, Macon, Georgia, USA
- Author(s)Gilbert Held
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.