All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this concise yet comprehensive guide to the mathematics of modern portfolio theory the authors discuss mean-variance analysis, factor models, utility theory, stochastic dominance, very long term investing, the capital asset pricing model, risk measures including VAR, coherence, market efficiency, rationality and the modelling of actuarial liabilities. Each topic is clearly explained with assumptions, mathematics, limitations, problems and solutions presented in turn. Joshi's trademark style of clarity and practicality is here brought to classical financial mathematics. The book is suitable for mathematically trained students in actuarial studies, business and ecomics as well as mathematics and finance, and it can be used for both self-study and as a course text. The authors' experience as both academics and practitioners brings clarity and relevance to the book, whilst ensuring that the limitations of models are highlighted.
- Author BiographyMark S. Joshi is a researcher and consultant in mathematical finance, and a Professor at the University of Melbourne. His research focuses on derivatives pricing and interest rate derivatives in particular. He is the author of numerous research articles on quantitative finance and four books. Jane M. Paterson obtained a PhD in pure mathematics from the University of Melbourne. She furthered her academic experience with a postdoctoral fellowship at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley and a research fellowship at the University of Cambridge. More recently she has worked in both the UK and Australia as a director in a variety of specialist and generalist banking roles, including structured finance and economic capital, with organisations including National Australia Bank and ANZ.
- Author(s)Jane M. Paterson,Mark S. Joshi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleInternational Series on Actuarial Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note30 b/w illus. 170 exercises
- Weight640 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.