Introduction to Modern Virology by Keith Leppard, Andrew Easton, Nigel J. Dimmock (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Modern Virology has been an established student text for over 25 years. Providing an integrated account of the subject across different host systems, with an emphasis on human and animal viruses, this book covers the field of virology from molecular biology to disease processes using a unique systems approach. Featuring an all new art program in full color, the new edition has been updated throughout, and reorganized into thematic sections on the fundamental nature of viruses, their growth in cells, their interactions with the host organism and their role as agents of human disease. There is a new chapter on Human Viral Disease and rapidly developing areas, such as the use of viruses as gene therapy vectors, have been included. The 6th edition is even more accessible, w including key points and integrative questions in every chapter, as well as text boxes emphasizing take-home messages, evidence underpinning the main concepts, and further information for more advanced readers. Prevention and therapy, evolution and emerging viruses receive particular attention and specific chapters address the major infectious challenges posed by HIV, pandemic influenza and BSE. This highly accessible text provides ideal reading for all undergraduate and postgraduate students of biology and medicine wishing to study virology. Artwork from the book and helpful student and instructor resources are available online at www.blackwellpublishing.com/dimmock. An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.
- Author BiographyNigel Dimmock is an internationally acclaimed virologist who has spent the major part of his career at the University of Warwick's Department of Biological Sciences, where he is currently an emeritus professor. His main research interests are influenza viruses, HIV, and antiviral immunology. Andrew Easton is professor of virology at the University of Warwick. Having spent two years working in the pharmaceutical industry he joined the department at Warwick in 1983 and became Head of the Virology Group in 1998. Easton's research focuses on the molecular biology of pneumoviruses. Keith Leppard is a reader at the University of Warwick. His research focuses on the interactions of adenovirus with the host cell, in particular the effects of adenoviral proteins on functions of the cell nucleus, and on the development of adenovirus as a gene delivery vehicle.
- Author(s)Andrew Easton,Keith Leppard,Nigel J. Dimmock
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/03/2016
- Content Note177 illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width188 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.