All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Phemelogy is an outstanding and comprehensive guide to phemelogy. Dermot Moran lucidly examines the contributions of phemelogy's nine seminal thinkers: Brenta, Husserl, Heidegger, Gadamer, Arendt, Levinas, Sartre, Merleau-Ponty and Derrida. Written in a clear and engaging style, Introduction to Phemelogy charts the course of the phemelogical movement from its origins in Husserl to its transformation by Derrida. It describes the thought of Heidegger and Sartre, phemology's most famous thinkers, and introduces and assesses the distinctive use of phemology by some of its lesser kwn exponents, such as Levinas, Arendt and Gadamer. Throughout the book, the ermous influence of phemelogy on the course of twentieth-century philosophy is thoroughly explored. This is an indispensible introduction for all unfamiliar with this much talked about but little understood school of thought. Technical terms are explained throughout and jargon is avoided. Introduction to Phemelogy will be of interest to all students seeking a reliable introduction to a key movement in European thought.
- Author BiographyDermot Moran teaches Philosophy at the University College Dublin.
- Author(s)Dermot Moran
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/1999
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.