All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting the basic science of semiconductor photocatalysis together with the various practical applications, this textbook is ideal for graduate students. It covers fundamental principles and applicable techniques of light, solid state physics, electrochemistry, reaction kinetics, and materials processing. A solid understanding of semiconductor photoelectrochemistry is developed through discussing the basic properties of a representative photocatalytic material, TiO2; the basic science of the light absorption phemen and the application to the powder suspension useful for the photocatalytic research; and the electronic state of semiconductors. Following this, the textbook moves on to explore photoelectrochemistry; the mechanism and kinetic analysis of photocatalytic reactions; typical fabrication methods of common photocatalysts and the factors for improving photocatalytic activity; and evaluation methods of photocatalytic activity. The textbook concludes by looking at the future prospects of the applications of photocatalysis. This introductory textbook provides a foundation in photocatalysis to supplement graduate courses in catalysis, environmental science, materials science and chemical engineering.
- Author BiographyYoshio Nosaka is an Emeritus Professor at Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan. His main research areas are physical chemistry of advanced materials, focussing on the fabrication of semiconductor nanoparticles, fabrication of semiconductor photoelectrodes for solar water splitting, and the reaction mechanism of TiO2 photocatalysts. Atsuko Nosaka is a former Lecturer at Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan. Her main research areas were in the characterization of water molecules adsorbed on solid and membrane surfaces and the structural characterization of biomolecules mainly by means of NMR spectroscopy.
- Author(s)Atsuko Nosaka,Yoshio Nosaka
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication13/04/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Weight559 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.