All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionINTRODUCTION TO PHYSICAL ANTHROPOLOGY 2013-2014 Edition continues to present the most up-to-date, balanced, and comprehensive introduction to the field, combining an engaging writing style and compelling visual content to bring the study of physical anthropology to life for today's students. With a focus on the big picture of human evolution, the book helps readers master the basic principles of the subject and arrive at an understanding of the human species and its place in the biological world. This book continues to keep pace with changes in the field, with new material on genetic techlogy and other topics reflecting recent scientific findings. In this edition, the unifying concept of our connection to all life has been integrated as a framework for presenting the material throughout the text.
- Author BiographyRussell L. Ciochon is a leading paleoanthropologist specializing in primate and human evolution in Asia, as well as the geochronology of Asian Plio-Pleistocene sites. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, and teaches at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, where he is Chair of the Department of Anthropology. He teaches courses in hominin and non-human primate evolution, as well as primate behavior, ecology, and functional anatomy. Besides co-authoring more than one hundred technical articles, he has also co-written two popular books: DRAGON BONE HILL: AN ICE AGE SAGA OF HOMO ERECTUS (2004, Oxford University Press) and OTHER ORIGINS: THE SEARCH FOR THE GIANT APE IN PREHISTORY (1990, Bantam Books). Robert Jurmain received an A.B. in Anthropology from UCLA and a Ph.D. in Biological Anthropology from Harvard. He taught at San Jose State University from 1975 to 2004 and is now professor emeritus. During his teaching career, he taught courses in all major branches of physical anthropology, including osteology and human evolution, with the greatest concentration in general education teaching for introductory students. His research interests are skeletal biology of humans and non-human primates, paleopathology, and paleoanthropology. In addition to his three textbooks, which together have appeared in 35 editions, he is the author of STORIES FROM THE SKELETON: BEHAVIORAL RECONSTRUCTION IN HUMAN OSTEOLOGY (1999, Gordon Breach Publishers), as well as numerous articles in research journals. Lynn Kilgore earned her Ph.D. from the University of Colorado, Boulder, where she now holds an affiliate faculty position. Her primary research interests are osteology and paleopathology. She has taught numerous undergraduate and graduate courses in human osteology, primate behavior, human heredity and evolution, and general physical anthropology. Her research focuses on developmental defects as well as on disease and trauma in human and great ape skeletons. Wenda Trevathan is regents' professor, emerita, of anthropology at New Mexico State University, where she taught from 1983 to 2009. She is a biological anthropologist whose research focuses on the evolutionary and biocultural factors underlying human reproduction, including childbirth, maternal behavior, sexuality, and menopause. Her primary publications include works on the evolution of childbirth and evolutionary medicine. Her recent books include ANCIENT BODIES, MODERN LIVES: HOW EVOLUTION HAS SHAPED WOMEN'S HEALTH (2010, Oxford University Press) and COSTLY AND CUTE: HELPLESS INFANTS AND HUMAN EVOLUTION (2016, SAR/UNM Press). She is also the Editor in Chief of the INTERNATIONAL ENCYCLOPEDIA OF BIOLOGICAL ANTHROPOLOGY, which will be published by John Wiley and Sons in 2018. She has taught courses in physical anthropology, nutritional anthropology, medical anthropology, evolutionary medicine, and anthropology of reproduction.
- Author(s)Lynn Kilgore,Robert Jurmain,Russell L. Ciochon,Wenda R. Trevathan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1120 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 14th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.